Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 131-- "Get Laid" Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe


Prologue:

Fellas, if you want to get laid, cook a girl a meal.  I honestly don't know a single girl who won't put out for a home-cooked meal, even if it's awful (what that says about us, I dunno).  In college a knew a girl who would hook up with a guy once a week for food and cable, and almost every friend I have has gone on a least one date (or several) just for free dinner that wasn't ramen.  

On my end of things, any time my boyfriend makes me a delicious dinner he knows it's a least a 5 position kind of night (sue me for enjoying sex more when I'm feed, warm, and loved).  He can BBQ, and stir-fry, but his real specialty is spaghetti and meatballs.  It's super easy but the perfect dish to come home to.

"Get Laid" Spaghetti and Meatballs

Servings: 2-3
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef 80% lean
Ragu pasta sauce (regular)
Angel hair pasta
Garlic salt
Pepper

Directions:

1.) My boyfriend is a minimum-seasoning cook when it comes to meatballs, and in trying out a bunch of spices when I cook this dish, I agree with him.  In this first step he sprinkles the meat with some garlic salt and pepper, and rolls up the meat to meatballs about the half the size of your palm.  

2.) He pulls out a skillet, adds a little olive oil, and begins to cook the meatballs for about 10 minutes.  He drains the water from the meat at the end of cooking and adds the Ragu to the skillet, lowering the heat a little.

3.) When the meatballs are almost done he starts boiling a large pot of water.  Once at boil, he adds half a box of angel hair pasta.  Drain the pasta when it's done cooking.

4.) Combine the pasta, sauce, and meatballs together on a plate.  Done!  *We often pair it with steamed broccoli.

Review:

The food was absolute perfect for a happy Monday night.  We've tried making this with other forms of pasta, but angel hair is still my favorite, as I feel like it absorbs the sauce the best.  And the meatballs were steamy with a little bite that started in the kitchen and ended in the living room.  The sex, in case you were curious, was also steamy with bite (marks) that started against the wall, to the executive chair, and ended on the bed in front of our headboard mirror (a must-have purchase, for you couples out there).  Happy cooking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment