Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 154 -- Chipotle and other drugs


Not me
It's November 1st and I woke up this morning in the aftermath of Halloween at the beach, with sand on the floor, empty shot glasses on the table, and one Rainbow Bright costume somewhere in the house.

It was a more mellow Halloween in San Diego than I expected, but a good one.  I had to work all of Saturday night so half of my roommates went downtown, and my boyfriend went to a medical mj event, so by the time I got home I threw on my costume (a sexy book--it's hard to describe) and went to a dying down house party. On Sunday night we had an awesome little Halloween potluck kickback with homemade chili, shrimp fettuccine alfredo, green bean casserole, potato salad with turkey bacon, red wine, pumpkin pie, and Evil Dead 2.  The friends were good, the vibe was good, and Bruce Cambell's hand deserves an Oscar.    

Actual Halloween was rather enjoyable in 73 degree warm weather San Diego.  We all dressed up in our costumes and hit the beach to watch our neighbors surf in their outfits of Jesus, a sexy cowgirl, an escaped prisoner, a knight, an army man, and Nacho Libre.  Jesus kept losing his crown in the waves.  I left for work and returned home around midnight to find my boyfriend puking in our bathroom sink, with one of my roommates trying to fight off nausea in the living room in her Rainbow Bright outfit, and my other roommate trying to tend to her while still in her Sexy Raggedy Ann costume.

This morning was spent trying to remember what the fuck happened last night and cheers to a holiday well spent.

It was my first Tuesday off in over three months and it was damn glorious napping with the bf off and on during the afternoon.  I had to give an answer 'yes' or 'no' to this room I've been pursuing to rent, with the biting hesitation in my stomach more or less telling me what to do.  I love the location, the price, and the idea of having my own closet again, but the people are rather bland and removed, and I just don't want to live in yet another situation of loneliness in a big house.  I texted 'no'.

We went for a long walk through the neighborhood before heading to Chipotle for dinner burritos, and later sat in the parking lot of the grocery store imaging what the people walking by where saying in their heads and which girls have given road head.  The whole thing had us laughing for a good 45 minutes sitting in the car.  

A split pumpkin spice latte later and like typical post-grads we bought $40 worth of sandwiches and breakfast burritos, with the bf pretending not to read about Kim Kardashian's impending divorce in the aisle while I read one of the Christmas cookies magazines.

It was a Netflix night of Man on Wire, which I had to say fooled me with the impeccable reenactments, but was still quite an inspiring movie of passion and beauty.  Damn those French and their ability to make everything a little more glamorous!  

We watched the second half of Love and Other Drugs (not as good as the first half) before calling it a night.  So here I am listening to Rage Against the Machine and contemplating some hot chocolate before another round of looking for (a) different job, and (b) a cool new place to live.  Cheers, and happy November!

0 comments:

Post a Comment