Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 175*-- Date night in the city


I wanted my boyfriend and I to have a date night to start fresh in our return home to San Diego after Thanksgiving.  I was feeling hopeful and pretty and a sneaky edge of sad that I had said no to dinner at first, and by the time I changed my mind, so did he.  Eventually I won out and went home to get ready and settle back in.

He picked me up at 8 sharp wearing his beach-version of dressy with a purple t-shirt or a long sleeve purple thermal and his hat backward.  (sigh).  I decided to wear that gold netted off the shoulder sweater I had boxed up in storage all this time.  I'm still not sure if I like this military boot/heels, but why not?  Still no eyeliner but plenty of shadow and energy.

I knew I want coconut shrimp and he offered the choice of PF Changs, or some place downtown.  "Downtown," I said with certainty, to The Yard House where we've never been.

Now if only we can be this way again: walking downtown with the lights and cars, holding hands, discussing Twilight and quick moving vampire sperm, haha.  It's that what dating is supposed to be?  

The Yard House reminds me a little bit like the one back home (a different brand, though): tasty, dark wood vibe, meant for people who can't afford it but pretend to.  The coconut shrimp was delicious and the chicken nachos were good, but I've had better.  It was nice to sit together though and talk about our favorite parts of the holiday. 

He cranked the music up as we drove back to my place.

Me: "Are you coming up?" Him: "Of course I'm coming up; this is our first date." "Hm...and will you be spending the night" Him: [coy] "I might have things to do early tomorrow morning." Me: "Ah.  Then you'll just have to come back with you have a toothbrush and p.j.s..." Him: "I was just planning on walking you to your door, what were you thinking, dirty girl?" Me: "Hmmm."

One locked door later...

Two happy people walk out and head to his place since the roommates were gone.  With he and his pipe and me in my blanket we watched the latest episode of Hung and laughed together as usual.  I'm not sure what time he finally joined me under the covers but it was wonderful being back together in our way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment