Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 37-- Love


And then there are days like today when the bf and I were going for our daily walk and he stopped suddenly near the main strip.  He had a mischievous look in his eye and told me he was going to ask me to do something and this is the only time he'll ever ask this of me.  I insisted and insisted he tell me what the hell he was talking about and eventually I started getting annoyed because I was certain he was going to ask me to get him a burger to go.

We walked some more and ended up at a candy shop where he turned to me with a smile and said I should pick out one piece of candy I desired.  I was completely stunned.  He's always had this vow not to buy girls candy so I knew this was a big deal.  I had a huge smile on my face for this special occasion and asked why.  "Because you're beautiful," he said.  I was super giddy and picked out a dark chocolate rocky road cluster.  He picked out a raspberry chocolate.

I could stop laughing and smiling at this tiny gesture that made my day.  As usual we passed by the beach on the way home and today I decided to kick off my flip-flops and hop the wall down to the sand.  He jumped after me and we walked back holding hands.  Holding hands, I should say, as he decided we should chase after seagulls with me yelling, "I'm after you!" to the braver ones would just waddle faster.

This is way I moved here.  This is why I live in San Diego. =)

2 comments:

Saher said...

Aww! I'm glad you and Brad are happy together, sounds like a beautiful day filled with LOVE! :)

Amy said...

Aw, I think my heart just melted a little :-)

Post a Comment