Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 53-- A day of new

There's beer pong happening in our kitchen and I've stolen a few minutes away to write this post.

Today has been a day of new.  This morning we had candidates visit the house in efforts to become the new roommate.  One girl, one guy, two new personalities trying to vie for a chance to live here.

This afternoon I ate Vietnamese steak phở for the first time, and absolutely loved the ginger and basil spiced soup and the thin noodles hidden beneath the tasty steak.  I also had a fried shrimp for the first time in....ever?  You need to understand that I don't eat seafood, and not for lack of trying.  Apparently if it's fried enough I can't taste the fishy flavor and can actually enjoy it!  
 
In the later part of the afternoon one of the roommates hosted a party and I got to meet some new people, and all whom I greatly enjoyed.  It was a real treat to hang out with the new grads in the living room, eating good food, drinking good drinks, watching movies with our humorous debates and talking to each other about life after college.  Compare us to the blackout drunk and beer pong of 20-21 year olds in the back.  There are definitely days I feel 23, lol.

In the last part of day my boyfriend and I hit up the ATM and after I heard heckles from some guys in the apartments across the parking lot with their commentary about us being watched by the cameras or whatever, I pulled my boyfriend close and had quite a hefty PDA with a little tongue, which finished with him picking me up and carrying me away.  Hope you enjoyed the show, assholes.

On the way home we mobbed down the pier to catch the sunset.  We've done this a number of times, but this was the first time we watched it with me actually living here.  And it was delightful.

A day of new setting into night.  I should probably head out there now.  I hope someone brought some chips.


0 comments:

Post a Comment