Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 58-- Spiced orange incense and life updates


This room still smells delicious from the vanilla candles and spiced orange and sandalwood incense. I'll leave it to your imagination as to what I was up to this afternoon with the bf ;)

Today has been a real nice shade of lovely.  I applied for a hotel job a little bit ago, I finished a book before breakfast, I'm not stressed about the internship interview next week, I bought a bar of my favorite dark chocolate, and I still have a few hours in the day to do some online fall fashion homework.

During my daily walk I thought that maybe it's time for an general life update versus my stand-alone posts as of late.  Here is goes:

Job/career: 

Two weeks ago I updated my Cafe Resume and applied for a coffee shop job near-ish by.  Never heard back. Last week I bought two writers magazines and a publishing reference guide for freelance+publishing suggestions. This weekend I updated my Publishing Cover Letter and Publishing Resume.  On Monday I applied for an internship with a San Diego book publisher.  I heard back immediately and have an interview next week.  And today I applied for a hotel job and will apply for more by the end of the weekend.

My current thoughts are: (1) pursue book publishing, (2) get a flexible part-time decent paying job like hotel reception where I can eventually get benefits, travel perks, and an easy state-to-state transfer next year if I'm still working there. (3) Freelance my fiction and news articles by mid-Fall.  (4) pursue magazine writing as internship.  (5) By Spring decide for sure if it's books or magazines that I want to seriously pursue, and probably move to Oregon.

Exercise via yoga and jogging:

I've been super good with my walking.  I walk about 1-2 miles everyday, and when my boyfriend joins me we sometimes go for about 2-5.  I've jogged exactly once in two months, but I've enjoyed walking far more.  I've decided to sign up for yoga on the 1st.

Diet:

As you may have been reading from previous posts or the FOOD tab, I've been getting into cooking.  I cook a meal about 2-3 times a week--always with meat and veggies.  I need to get much better with my fruit intake though, and I might start up a vitamin routine when I find a vitamin tablet I like.

Fashion:

Bad luck so far.  I now have an interview outfit and heels, but that's about it.  After trying on clothes after clothes I think I'm giving up on looking for summer stuff and focusing more on Autumn style.  My current wants are: a smart gray dress with pink heels, a tight blue flannel long-sleeve shirt with a snug blue or black v-neck sweater on top of it, knee-high socks with brown boots and short skirt, a short jacket/coat--preferably non-black/white/gray, and some v-neck t-shirts and gemmed tanks to have under a black suit jacket.

Living situation/making friends:

Still at the bf's, which has gotten much cozier.  I think the brownies and rice crispie treats I've been making might have something to do with it, haha.  I almost left to sublet for a month and share a room just to be somewhere new and not spend too much money, but no one liked the idea so I'm still here.  No new friends yet, but I met some cool people at a party last week. 

General outlook:

Good.  I feel like my life plans are still a bit scattered and hazy in my head, but they're slowly coming into focus and I'm liking how things are shaping up.  If I could nab the internship and a job in the next week or two I feel like I'll be right on track.

Anyways, that's what up on Day 58!

0 comments:

Post a Comment