Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 253-- Plans of pink polka dots


Some red licorice, a Bergamot Tobacco candle, some Vivaldi, and a notebook full of black inky scratches outlining my yet-to-be-launched online magazine je t'aime

I'm thinking that I want the top on top of the "j" to be a stick figure's girl's head with a pink poka dot scarf loosing flying off of the top part of the "j".  So far I have plans of a soft pink/rich pink/black/polka dot color scheme with sections clearly dedicated to the twentysomething girl, such as Career, Fashion, Sex, World, Travel, Fod, Lifestyle, and Daily Blog.  It's my goal to work on this project for about an hour each day so I can learn how to design a website and edit content. 

I'm really quite excited about it :) Of course I'm nervous that the whole thing will fall through but c'est la vie.  Oh, and other names in the running: Smitten, Urbanitini, and synonyms for beginning, start, new, ect.

Since returning from my trip back to Tempe I've also begun to decorate for the first time.  Time to put pictures in the empty frames and buy a new lamp to replace this busted one with no lamp shade.  I've also spent the past two days doing some price checking on a new white comforter, white sheets, some fake white flowers, ruby red throw pillows, and some art work to match.  I definitely don't have the money, especially after my DMV/smog test/dealership appointments tomorrow (yikes) but I think that a change of scenery for my homelife would be healthy for me.  New look, new outlook.  

I'm taking my friend S----'s advice to start living in San Diego as if this is a place I might stay in for awhile so I can feel settled enough here to find a better job, make some friends, work on these side projects, and find happiness.  Because if I leave, I leave.  But living here like a ghost is making me miserable and it'll be the same damn thing wherever I go until I build my resume and attitude.  

Speaking of which, I'll be applying for some junior copy editor/media jobs soon.  I have my resume updated, and I'm in the final edits of my cover letter, plus I have a few tabs open for jobs I want so yeah...good things, and I'm trying to keep up the momentum. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment