Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 207--"Revolution" and iced tea


The bf is sitting in my black chair somewhat reading the latest Margaret Atwood novel as he's thinking of the next bout of our lively debate of how to talk to people objectivity when, in real life, most people interpret comments personally.  

It doesn't matter if a speaker intends to offend or simply says an objective statement that is taken offensively, that person being offended will still harbor resentment towards the speaker. So how can you talk to people? I say think before you speak, and he thinks there could be a better tactic not involving sugar coating.  And so I go back to merrily type my latest post while listening to Black Carl and he goes back to reading and sending me some flirty looks here and there, making me laugh.

The end of the year is almost here and I've been doing my back-burner tasks of posting old pictures on facebook, working on blog drafts, and sometime before midnight I have to pay my car registration to Cali.  

It's been a real nice day.  Breakfast consisted of dark chocolate and the last of the stale sugar cookies, and I wore my new cut off black sweats barefooted around the house looking for our latest copy of Food+Wine.  No one in this house cooks but we have tons of cookbooks and food magazines for some reason.

A few hours of photo selection and uploading later and I had the past 7 months posted, tagged, and captioned--all while eating some left over beef pho and drying my hair.

The boyfriend came over after work in a sexy healthy mood.  He's been sick these past few days and I brought him some pho and a back rub last night at his place.  He opted to stay at his house one more night as to not get me sick, so this afternoon was a warmly flushed reunion. 

I always enjoy the after and sleeping on his chest being nice and toasty.  We got to talking about relationships and friendships we have and had, and how he doesn't understand why people have relationships that "end", whereas for him relationships are relationships and continue through change or decline or increase.  When we first started dating he told me that when he loves he loves forever.  In knowing him, it's true.  Whether or not you have stayed in contact with my boyfriend, he has thought about you and still cares for you.  The love we have may change or grow or decline, but I can assure you that this love will not disappear, and cuddled up under green sheets on a foggy December night I was feeling rather happy.

Ah, here's the latest bout, he says when it comes to telling the truth if the truth is not spoken with bluntness it would not be the truth.  I say comedic telling of the truth will be listened to more readily.  We debate this a bit before telling each other some cock jokes and and I say, "Back to me and why I'm so amazing."  He's reading again and I'm back to typing.

"Here's a question," he puts out there, "If you were to poll all California women and they had to chose a survey of what's more important: facts or feelings, what would they chose?  And what would California men chose: facts or feelings?" I think about it for 2 seconds and reply, 'I imagine that most men would x 'facts', and all women would get out their pen and draw a circle for 'both'.  All women.  All.  You're welcome." He laughs and reads the latest news on the election.

We had dinner at a local bar with a surprisingly extensive menu.  He bought the first round of an iced tea for me, a Stella for him, and chicken nachos between us.  We got onto the topic of girls with boy haircuts and how our society always assume that they're lesbians. Most girls in our life with boy haircuts are either lesbians or weird and my boyfriend joked that we should bring back the word "witch" for weird girls.  'I'm not weird, I'm a witch, bitch!' All Crucible style.  "Who do I have to blame for this, Hawthorne?".  I laughed and told him that this is why I love him: he's a San Diego dude who can allude to Hawthorne and The Crucible.  I paid for the next round of more iced tea, more Stella, and some burger sliders which were awful.  I don't like sliders. I have no idea why I order them at least once a year.  New Years Resolution: never order sliders again.  We talked about The Beatles and if they would have survived as a band today, and if it was them or The Doors that had that song "Revolution".

Which brings us back to here and an unfortunate case of not having milk in the house. (sigh) I should get some groceries tomorrow.  Some Granny Smith apples, more angel hair pasta, maybe get creative for New Years like spinach artichoke dip and roasted grapes with brie cheese (thank God for gift cards!).  Goodnight.  I need to go pay my car registration and write my next rent check.

0 comments:

Post a Comment