Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 8--Updates


I don't have much time to write tonight, but I do have some updates on my goal list.

Job: There's a 90% chance I'm going to be hired at a local coffee shop.  I talked to the owner today and blah blah blah I have 4 years experience blah blah blah, what's key is that she's about 5 ft tall, and short people like short people.  I interview with her daughter (the owner of the store I would be working at) tomorrow morning.

Do I want to work in coffee forever? No.  But as a part-time thing to pay my bills as I look to work for local papers (unpaid), I don't mind one more summer of lattes.  Plus I could use friends, and I've found that cafes usually harbor the intellectual/artsy/smoker/poet-types.

Also, I've picked out 2 writing samples for the SF internship and hopefully will be done with an application by the weekend. 

Making friends:  See above

Jogging/yoga a few times a week: Why the hell is yoga so expensive?  Seriously.  It's like $70 a month.  As my friend Breezy said, "It's not like you're shitting 20s." I think I'll wait until I get a job and ask around if any of the girls have a favorite yoga place they can recommend.

I haven't done any jogging.  This might change soon if I get a schedule going.  Also, I'd like to buy an iPod shuffle (my iPod in my pocket is a bit much when running), but I'm waiting on $$ from my bike sale and furniture sale back in AZ.

Eating better: Yes and no.  I had a lime in a mojito the other day...The fruits and veggies, not so much, so I need to get better with that.  I'd like to have 1 veg, and 1 fruit a day.  

On the bright side, I have been using that delightful cookbook I got for Christmas.  I'll write a review once I do a few more recipes.  This past week I made: an omelet, a chicken Caesar salad from scratch (including the croutons and dressing), and a few BLTs.  I just bought a cutting board and a new knife so I'm ready for more.
Gotta run!

0 comments:

Post a Comment