Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 6: When signs drop in from SW Airlines

I am not a believer in signs, but sometimes they drop in from Southwest Airlines.

There is a magazine located in San Francisco I've been an admirer of since I stumbled upon it in Eng 416: Review Writing.  We had to pick a magazine as a faux host for each article we wrote, and time and time again I would end up picking this particular mag for its wit, entertainment, and relevancy.  

Flash-forward to now.  Three weeks ago I ended up in SF on a whim to visit an old friend and saw the city in a whole new light.  Now longer did I see it as a cesspit of heroin needles and homeless people, but as a city with crisp air and young energy.  I was listening to Jack Johnson with the windows down and was surprised as hell that I was handling the city driving just fine (one-ways usually freak me out).

A week ago I looked on the mag's site and found that they are eager for interns year-round.

This morning I got an email out of the blue from an aunt suggesting this magazine because her step-daughter interned there a few years ago.

And just a few minutes ago, completely unexpected, my boyfriend's dad dropped in from SF to say hi before he finished up his business trip.  

I think I'm going to apply. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment