Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 97-- The 56 hour work week


Me not posting in a week should definitely tell you how busy I am.  Last week I worked 51 hours, this week I'm in the process of working 56.  I'll get my first day off in over two weeks is next Wednesday, and even then I have plans.

It's all about picking and choosing what to do with my precious free hours.  I have maybe 3-4 hours tops during the day to get my personal life in order and most of those hours are spent eating or showering.  I've been meaning to trim my nails, get my pants hemmed, head to Borders before it closes, finish this cd mix I've been working on for over a week, and start walking again.

Last night was a perfect example.  I was suppose to get off at 7:30pm and I knew I had to be home by 8pm because I was taking my boyfriend out for a dinner date and the place closed at 9.  Well the night staff doesn't give a shit about other people's time and around 7:24 my manager decides to take a "10 minute break" which lasted until 7:40pm.  She even asked me to get a project started before I left, making me feel guilty for leaving.  

Once I got home I rushed into a dress and heels, and even though it's close enough to walk, I was so stressed on time that I requested we drive.  

The meal was excellent and much needed.  We went to a place right next to the ocean where little candles lit up the tables and the steak is always top notch.  I felt like my schedule was make me grumpy towards my bf and I definitely have seen him becoming more distant and snappy with me this week.  We talked about it this morning and he immediately started helping me with things when I had to go to work and I decided that some romance on my end would be a nice change.  

We got home and while I needed to work on about 5 different projects--2 for my internship, 1 birthday present, and 2 errands, some old friends were over and it's always always always more meaningful and important to spend time with old friends or just beginning friends than to be a productive hermit with no friends.  

I went to bed late and was up early.  And now I have exactly 4 minutes to change, pack my shit, and leave for my other job.  I might edit this later.  Bye!

0 comments:

Post a Comment