Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 335-- The trick to being an adult is...




I once said that the trick to being an adult is merely handling your shit (and the unexpected) with grace.  Grace, and dolla dolla bills.

Stretches neck. 

I have things coming up.  A dentist appointment I need to schedule [$400+], get my oil changed [$60+ with a coupon], replace my car insurance with one that isn't charging me double what I was paying in Arizona [now $116 a month], I'm out of contacts [$25 a pack], and I'd like to buy those used GRE study guides and How to Fund Graduate School books from Amazon [$25 used, after shipping].

Cali is so damn expensive.  But got to make do.  Gotta get by. "Got to keep on walking/ on the road to Zion"~ Damian Marley.  Takin' care of shit, best way I can.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You should be able to find the books at the library--save you $25, at least. For the others, I don't have any ideas...

Ink Blots and Flip-Flops said...

I thought of going the library route, but I do so much marking and highlighting that I figured a used copy is the better way. I love Amazon.

I'm seeing you soon! By the way, how's work going up in the Bay?

Post a Comment