Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 89-- Cinnamon Peach Cobbler recipe


Prologue:

Talk about being a newbie--I didn't even know if you were supposed to skin the peaches before baking them (most people do). Summer is the perfect time for cobbler when the farmers markets are in full ripe and days are long, hazy, and sweet.

Fun fact (well, according to wikipedia): Cobblers are thought to have originated in the early British Americas when the settlers, who were too low on supplies to make pies, baked a top layer of biscuit on top of stews.  The resulted had the look of a "cobbled" street. 

I have to admit I'm kinda surprised at how difficult it was finding a simple Bisquick peach cobbler recipe online, but it's ridiculously easy to make and so good. Served best with vanilla ice cream and True Blood.

Cinnamon Peach Cobbler

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4

Ingredients:

3 large peaches*
1 cup of Bisquick
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of milk (I used 2%)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon

*Nearly every recipe I looked at called for 3 cups of peaches.  I only had 3 peaches in the house so that's what I used.  Personally I liked the 55-45 ratio of pastry-to-peach and so did the neighbors.  If you want more peaches then use the 3 cups by all means.

Directions:

1.) Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees

2.) Remove the skin from your peaches.  This is the easiest way here, but if you don't have time to boil them, I just cut mine into quarters and peeled them by hand.  Discard the pit.  [Side note: when it comes to pies and such, I prefer my fruit more in pieces than slices]. Break up the peaches into pieces and place inside of a small baking pan.

3.) Mix the milk, sugar, and Bisquick together.  Pour on top of the peach pieces.  Sprinkle the cinnamon over the mixture.  Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and you can stick a toothpick into the middle and its come out clean.  Done!

Review:

A half cup of sugar makes everything better, haha.  It was absolutely delicious.  I made it at the neighbors' house as we watched True Blood and prepared for the witch fight.  I would definitely make it again, only next time I might add a few more peaches to enhance the fruit taste. Happy cooking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment