Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 73--"Where are your friends tonight?"

It's pushing 3am and I'm finally getting home.  School is starting in Arizona next week and I'm walking home smelling the ocean, bonfires, and hearing the San Diego crew of friends drunkenly laughing behind me.  It's a trade that on some nights I'm perfectly ok with.

Today began with cookies for breakfast.  Then my boyfriend abandoned his computer and started playing some Raphael Saadiq while dancing around the room with a smile on his face.  I turned off my computer with a smile on my face at his moves.  With a quick decision I closed the blinds and locked the door.  His smile turned into a grin with a quirked eyebrow...

This afternoon was quickly turning into disaster because I was trying to fix the problem of yesterday when two jobs called me about my applications and I missed their calls.  I called them back yesterday and left messages.  And called them today to nothing.  Damn it, right?  But my friend Amy is visiting from Arizona so the disappointment didn't last.  I made some plans for cinnamon raisin bread pudding this weekend and waited to meet up with her.

Soon we were in Del Mar and over decadent hazelnut chocolate mousse cake and were discussing the state of the world as new college graduates (me undergrad, her masters).  What a mad mad country we live in when there isn't enough money for universal health care but enough money to fight 4 wars.  But I'll stop there and mention again that the cake and company were phenomenal.

I got home and we got an invite to the bars as soon as I parked.  What I love about this side of town is that we never know who we're going to run into. Familiar faces with nice cold drinks. And were having a damn fine night bar hopping and talking about music fests, the west coast vs NY, and old friends we miss and new friends we enjoy.  I didn't even realize it was 2 until they kicked us out.  

A little after-party and hijinks and here I am at half past 3 feeling good and sleepy.  "Where are your friends tonight?/". ~LCD Soundsystem

0 comments:

Post a Comment